Getting to know someone better – ask questions
Did you know that already as a child you start to bond with the people closest to you?
Feeling like you know someone and that you are not all alone is important to everyone. Why is this? How can we get to know the people around us better? You need to become good at asking questions!
Good questions for different situations
We’re going to suggest some questions to use in different situations and with different people. You can ask these questions when the time is right, or you can initiate a “get to know you” game, where you ask the questions and everyone answers (including you).
- What was your best moment today?
- What would you spend the money on if you won 10 million in the lottery?
- Is there anything you wish you were really good at?
- What food are you really good at cooking?
- Who would you most like to meet in the whole world? What would you say to them?
- Tell me one thing that you are grateful for.
- If you could have anything you wanted as a birthday present, and money was no obstacle, what would you choose?
- How would you describe your dance style?
- What do you think about when you go to sleep at night?
- What’s the best thing that happened today?
- If you could change one thing about the country you live in, what would it be?
- What is your favourite film?
Identity and personality
- What celebrity would you like to swap lives with?
- Which three character traits would you say describe you?
- Tell me about a time when you had the giggles.
- Tell me about a time when you were scared.
- What is the biggest compliment you’ve ever received?
- Which would you choose: a walk in the woods or running a timed 60 metres? Why?
- What is your favourite season and why?
- What is your favourite dinner dish?
- Is there a certain career that you really don’t think you’d be suited for?
- What questions do you wish someone would ask you?
Dreams for the future
- What is your favourite free time activity right now?
- What do you think you will be doing in your free time in 10 years?
- Tell me three positive things about yourself.
- What would you like to do when you grow up, and why?
- What do you think the world will look like in 10 years’ time?
- Where do you think you will be living in 20 years?
- Which country would you most like to travel to today, and why?
- What charity would you like to support, and why?
- If you were to become really rich as an adult, what would you spend your money on?
- Would you like to travel into space? Why/why not?
- Kvam, Kjersti:
Bedre kjent-boka (2021)
Oslo. Cappelen Damm.